Identifier : www.ulb.ac.be/ceese/SMIS/CORDIS/12.htm
Supplemental_Information: Last metadata quality check: 07-Aug-1996
Title: Intermodal Quality
Keywords: Safety, Transport
Objective : Main objectives:
IQ stands for intermodal quality, it is aimed at analyzing the quality aspects influencing intermodal transport. It will work on the improvement of the interoperability among terminals, the interconnectivity and accessibility in intermodal transport. The project deals with both the quality of terminals and the quality of network. The project will produce demonstrators on the new organizational concepts to improve the intermodal transport competitiveness with the integration of new or the improvement of existing technologies. An intermodal transport quality index , as well as an interactive simulation tool (SIMIQ) will be produced and tested in the market.
IQ will achieve this through 6 work packages:
1. Quality of terminal: segmentation of the market, assessment of the impact of technological developments, prospective of terminal supply and description of market changes by comparing supply and demand.
2. Quality of the network: description of the services per different sectors, comparison and evaluation of the improvements in the intermodal transport network operations, prospective of new infrastructure investment and estimation of new capacity and description of market changes by comparing supply and demand.
3. Interactions: evaluation of the advantages of a spatial integration of functions, create innovative ways to integrate the different intermodal actors in order to create a professional intermodal offer, determine the effects of technical progress on intermodal quality and accessibility, determine the existing degree of integration of the intermodal transport market.
4. Development and test of an interactive simulation tool (SIMIQ) to analyze the effect of changes in the system on the performance criteria of intermodal transport, The findings of the project, the solutions and the tools d developed in the research will be demonstrated in full scale demonstration activities. The selected test sites are Verona, Madrid and Duisburg.
5. Dissemination of the results of the project through interaction with the users and suppliers of intermodal transport in order to reach market acceptance.
6. Presentation of a framework for the implementation of the improvements (findings of the project) in the intermodal transport market and industry.
Period: 36 months
Parent: 4th FWP (Fourth Framework Programme)
Parent: EC program: TRANSPORT
Keywords: Integrated transport chains - Quality of the network
Integrated transport chains - Quality of the terminals
Supplemental_Information: EC Project Reference : PL95-313
Parent: Prime contractor organisation: Institut National de Recherche sur les Transports et leur Sécurité
Address: 2, Av. de Général Malleret-Joinville
City: ARCUEIL CEDEX
Relation: Contact Person: Name: REYNAUD (Mr)
Relation: Organisation Name: Technicatome
Relation: Organisation Name: TFK - Transport Research Institute
Relation: Organisation Name: CEMAT
Relation: Organisation Name: EIA
Relation: Organisation Name: NEA Transportonderzoek en -opleiding
Relation: Organisation Name: UNIONTRASPORTI
Relation: Organisation Name: ITF
Relation: Organisation Name: MOLBAY