|| Spectroscopy, Quantum Chemistry and Atmospheric Remote Sensing
Jean Vander Auwera
Co-director of the laboratory of Spectroscopy, Quantum Chemistry and Atmospheric Remote Sensing, 2020-.
Senior Research Associate (Maître de Recherches) with the F.R.S.-FNRS
Lecturer (Chargé de cours) with the ULB
Publications: pdf and Agrégation de l'Enseignement Supérieur (Habilitation)
Physical chemistry: High resolution infrared spectroscopy of gas phase polyatomic molecules observed in planetary atmospheres, in open and confined environments.
Quantitative spectroscopy: Measurements of line parameters (positions, absolute intensities, and pressure-induced widths and shifts) using Fourier transform spectroscopy.
- One-year postdoctoral stay (Research Associate with the Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics, National Research Council Canada, Ottawa).
- Invited professor at the Laboratoire Interuniversitaire des Systèmes Atmosphériques (LISA, Université Paris Diderot, France), March 2011.
- Associated Editor of the Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer (JQSRT, since 2007) and the Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy (2007-2010);
- Co-guest editor of two Special Issues, in the Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer (Vol. 110, June/July 2009) and the Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy (Vols. 326 & 327, August/September 2016).
- Member of various committees in Belgium, France, United Kingdom, and USA, including the International Advisory Committee of HITRAN ("HIgh resolution TRANsmission molecular absorption database," http://www.hitran.org/), 2004-2011.
- Supervisor of 14 Master theses and 4 PhD theses (Université Libre de Bruxelles).
- Rapporteur of 17 PhD and 5 Habilitation theses in France, and member of 22 PhD thesis juries in Belgium and France.
- Tenure or co-tenure of 10 courses at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (since 1991) and tenure of one invited course at the Université Catholique de Louvain (1991-1992).
- Vice-President (2014 and 2017) and President (2015-2016) of the Department of Chemistry.
|| Université Libre de
Bruxelles – Faculté des Sciences